Boy it's been a long time since I've posted here. It's not that I don't have anything to say, because trust me I do. It's just that I've been too selfish to publicly share myself with others. I've been relishing in my own time with my family and my closest friends. I know this blog reaches many, and I know it's a source of information sharing and a reality check for many. I love being able to reach out to so many people and offer support or reassurance that we are not crazy we are normal grieving people and sadly we are not alone. I have met SO many people through this blog. So many strong, loving people who reach out and tell me I'm strong... CRAZY! But perhaps I've paved some sort of path that my friends can travel easier down. I like that and it makes this journey a little more tolerable knowing I'm helping friends who will follow me.
Without going into extreme amounts of detail I will tell you that these last few months have been spent healing and growing. I have become so well educated in certain aspects of my life. I have spoken to the pioneers of life saving procedures. I have learned that doctors, while some are brilliant many are just people who don't know very much but claim to. I have learned to be a better advocate for myself. I have learned to keep my mouth shut more often than not. I've learned to keep my private life private, and to share details only with those who can respect my wishes of privacy. It's been hard. I normally like to share as much information as possible when asked. I will say though that I don't like to cause worry or alarm to family or friends and have been known to undergo surgical procedures without mentioning it to anyone..I'm getting better. Ha! My hope is to help educate a vast majority of people. In my next few blogs I will share some of the information I've spent months researching. I've spoken to the best of the best.. It's been a wild and exciting journey.. Buckle up and join us for the ride..
No comments:
Post a Comment