Monday, April 2, 2012

This ones for the Girls


This has been such an incredible journey of commitment, love, dedication, strength and bravery. I can't thank all of the brave and courageous women who have endured endless treatments, needle sticks, ultrasounds and hpt results before me. Their stories brought tears to my eyes, hope into my heart, and excitement to my soul. Their journeys both broke my heart and brought it fullness that is unexplainable. each women had the innate desire to be a mother. To be more than a mother, to carry, connect with love, and nourish their baby. While many women groaned That their pant size was getting larger these women Longed for the day they would purchase maternity clothes. Rather than hiding their bellies these women dream of flaunting it, of relishing in the beauty that it truly is. They dream of touching ever so gently the tight skin that surrounds their ever growing belly. A sweet soft smile carves Around their mouth and they are finally at peace. Their hard work and determination has at last paid off. Some of these women's journeys Are longer than others, some do not end the way we would like them to end. Each journey teaches us to fight harder, believe more and never give up on the desires of our hearts. These women band together in this journey because for many it's incomprehensible as to why we try so hard or chose to go through so much. Many people see what we are doing as evil. They think we are playing the role of god when in reality we are fighting for the freedoms that many have and take for granted or abuse wildly. If you had cancer wouldn't you treat it? Yes well fertility is no different. Cancer and infertility are actually ranked amongst the two highest stress illnesses. They are both heartbreaking, emotionally taking and leave you feeling broken, naked, and financially drained. There are many treatments for both but a cure is never guaranteed. In my new job I have come to respect the couples I serve. I have learned to respect and hold the women I treat at a much higher level than I had before. Men well they are there, but these women, they are Amazing!!! They do what many man cannot. I see women look at their fertility schedules and memorize them. they know exactly what days their appointments are, what medications they are taking and how to use them. While reviewing the information many men look dumbfounded and ask when do I need to show up?! It's amazing how resilient us women are. I'm so proud of us for our strength, beauty, kindness towards each other, and determination. In my journey I have found that it has been easier for me to hope for someone else than it has been for me to hope for myself. I so badly want to be a mommy, but it's hard to always have faith and positive outlooks. My good friend Erika told me one day that it was ok for me to lose hope or be slightly negative. I remember looking at her waiting for her to tell me to hurry up and get over it. She didn't. She reached across the table and told me when you are weak ill be strong, when you give up I'll hold on. Erika has been holding on to hope for me for About a year now. I am so thankful for her strength and the love she had for me. I love being her friend. I love the time we share together. I am so blessed in so many ways knowing her. She has always been one of my biggest cheerleaders, she has often times cried with me and punched pillows when things just stink. She always sticks up for me And shows me love that so many friendships lack. She offers to give me shots, she drove me to many appointments, she meets me for lunch on a regular basis. She loves watching the same movies a million times over a tub of popcorn with me. She introduced me to her sweet adorable son Noah. I love Noah and have so much fun with him. He is such a beautiful boy who has so much imagination and is so sweet! I love rubbing Erika's belly and watching the life that is inside her grow. I love thinking about the little boy who I will soon meet. I love zach for being such a great husband to Erika and father to Noah. Ahhh I'm just so thankful for all the beautiful women who have been a huge part of my life!! My heart especially goes out to my grandma, you are my best friend! You love me rain or shine and always make me feel good enough. Jeanne I love you for wanting to be my mom. Marcia I love you for making Matty whom I adore and for being so completely thoughtful and so loving. Vicki you are my other mom I love you for always loving me and for being such a joy to be around! My friends Franny you are my cupcake, my hpl forever. Jenny and Jen what can I say you two are the best. Kelly thank you for sharing your love, life and passions with me. I love watching you grow in so many ways. Your photography, your wife role and now as a mom, it's so beautiful. I couldn't have asked for a more loving supporting group of women. From my beautiful hip stylish aunts to my moms, sisters and friends!! I love you all and am so very proud of you!



1 comment: