Happy wednesday my sweet sweet angels. I hope you are doing great and continue to grow strong and healthy. Mommy and Daddy love you both so much and grow more and more excited each day that passes. You are due 12/21/12... but since there are two of you growing in my belly I think you will come early. Daddy and Papa share the same birthday. They were both born on 12/7. If you two decided to arrive on that day it would be the best present ever!!! But really you will be the best gifts ever regardless of the day you arrive!
I have been feeling really good for the most part. I still lack energy and am tired a lot, but since Mommy has always been a hard worker it hasn't been too terrible. I just learn to power through and cat nap where and when I can. Work has been busy but the good news is that I finally hired someone to be my assistant! It will be wonderful once I have her trained and she is able to help lighten my load some. She is really sweet. She also has a little boy and a little girl. She is a wonderful Mommy and shares stories a lot with me about her kids. It makes me really excited to create our own stories with you.
Daddy has been doing amazingly well as always. He is almost done with school which will be so nice, then he can focus on spoiling me, and us:) A Mommy can hope and think about that stuff. Daddy will work his last hospital rotation this week. He has truly enjoyed his time in the hospital. He is now a pro at starting IV'S, intubating someone, doing CPR, giving medications, and multi-tasking. The most beneficial lesson I think he got from his hospital time was respect. Respect for Mommy and for all nurses. We truly do work hard. We are the eyes, ears, and mouths for our patients. We advocate for their care, we ask Doctors to do what we think is in the best interest of the patient and we follow up on them. We work long and very hard hours. Our feet throb at the end of the shift and often we are really hungry. We work 12.5 hours and only get one small 30 minute break. Its a crime. Daddy got to see first hand what I do and did in the hospital. He was able to respect me more and understand why I was so tired when I got off. Daddy would ask me to stay up with him, but I was always mentally and physically exhausted, not to mention the dread of having to repeat the day again! phew its hard work!!! Daddy will start his field work soon. I am so excited for him. He will be in a fire station with fellow firemen and paramedics. He will get to work on scene and see first hand the day to day lives of a firefighter/medic. I am excited for the possible experiences and possible job positions. Daddy has not only been busy at school, but he has been applying and testing many places. Tomorrow he has a job interview at Brea fire department. Praying that goes well and that he gets good experience. He's such a catch:) Then Sunday Daddy will do a fitness test in Newport Beach as step 3 of 5 for their hiring process. I hope he kicks butt and gets and interview. That would be the absolute dream job, although at this point I think Daddy would be happy with any fire/medic job. We are all so proud of how hard he works for our family. He is already such a great Daddy!
So I have been really missing Oncology, a lot lately. I constantly find myself wishing I were there with my sweet loving, beautiful, spirited kids. I loved them all and felt true satisfaction and joy in my job. Here there is satisfaction but I'm not in love, I like, but its not my dream. Last night I was really thinking about what I want to do when you are born. Dr. Potter told me he wanted to move me into a more superior position, which is great yes, and a huge honor, pay increase, blah blah blah, but to Mommy that isn't important. What matters to me is that I have genuine patient interaction, and that I am happy with myself and my job at the end of the day. I was thinking and I thought about how Dr. Potter has a program where he works with hospitals that have patients with cancer. We try to help preserve ovaries or do egg harvesting, sperm freezing for future use after treatment. Then it dawned on me. My dream job. I want to be the person who knows the in and outs of each procedure. I want to know how soon we can do something once a patient is diagnosed with cancer. How much everything costs. What the procedures entail. Then I want to be the one to pitch us to hospitals, doctors, patients. I want to meet with the patients and explain the process, answer any questions they might have, heck I know about cancer and about fertility I have worked both fields and have first hand knowledge and experience in fertility treatments. I want to reach as many oncology patients and hospitals as possible. I think that would be my dream, my calling, my happy job. I know I would be educating, which I love doing, working with kids and adolescents or young adults with cancer which is a population I not only love but admire immensely, and also working in the fertility field, which without it we wouldn't have you two. I'm going to bring it up tomorrow to Dr. Potter and see what he says. Wish me luck:)
I love you both! Mommy has her first OB appointment on Friday. I am so excited. I have met the Dr. and he seems very knowledgeable, friendly, and approachable. We will see what he says about our vaginal birth plan. He might laugh, but I've heard twins can be born vaginally depending on size and position of babies. So work with Mommy please. I get to spy on you two tomorrow. I can't wait to see you both! Here are some of the most recent pictures I have of you two. You are both growing so quickly. I love watching you grow.
Today is your Uncle Ian's birthday. He is going to have so much fun with you. When Ian was little he was my little baby. We did everything together, naps, walks, pool time. It was so fun to grow up with him. We also had Matty and Ryan then too. Now we have Chris you are going to have so much fun!
I have been feeling really good for the most part. I still lack energy and am tired a lot, but since Mommy has always been a hard worker it hasn't been too terrible. I just learn to power through and cat nap where and when I can. Work has been busy but the good news is that I finally hired someone to be my assistant! It will be wonderful once I have her trained and she is able to help lighten my load some. She is really sweet. She also has a little boy and a little girl. She is a wonderful Mommy and shares stories a lot with me about her kids. It makes me really excited to create our own stories with you.
Daddy has been doing amazingly well as always. He is almost done with school which will be so nice, then he can focus on spoiling me, and us:) A Mommy can hope and think about that stuff. Daddy will work his last hospital rotation this week. He has truly enjoyed his time in the hospital. He is now a pro at starting IV'S, intubating someone, doing CPR, giving medications, and multi-tasking. The most beneficial lesson I think he got from his hospital time was respect. Respect for Mommy and for all nurses. We truly do work hard. We are the eyes, ears, and mouths for our patients. We advocate for their care, we ask Doctors to do what we think is in the best interest of the patient and we follow up on them. We work long and very hard hours. Our feet throb at the end of the shift and often we are really hungry. We work 12.5 hours and only get one small 30 minute break. Its a crime. Daddy got to see first hand what I do and did in the hospital. He was able to respect me more and understand why I was so tired when I got off. Daddy would ask me to stay up with him, but I was always mentally and physically exhausted, not to mention the dread of having to repeat the day again! phew its hard work!!! Daddy will start his field work soon. I am so excited for him. He will be in a fire station with fellow firemen and paramedics. He will get to work on scene and see first hand the day to day lives of a firefighter/medic. I am excited for the possible experiences and possible job positions. Daddy has not only been busy at school, but he has been applying and testing many places. Tomorrow he has a job interview at Brea fire department. Praying that goes well and that he gets good experience. He's such a catch:) Then Sunday Daddy will do a fitness test in Newport Beach as step 3 of 5 for their hiring process. I hope he kicks butt and gets and interview. That would be the absolute dream job, although at this point I think Daddy would be happy with any fire/medic job. We are all so proud of how hard he works for our family. He is already such a great Daddy!
So I have been really missing Oncology, a lot lately. I constantly find myself wishing I were there with my sweet loving, beautiful, spirited kids. I loved them all and felt true satisfaction and joy in my job. Here there is satisfaction but I'm not in love, I like, but its not my dream. Last night I was really thinking about what I want to do when you are born. Dr. Potter told me he wanted to move me into a more superior position, which is great yes, and a huge honor, pay increase, blah blah blah, but to Mommy that isn't important. What matters to me is that I have genuine patient interaction, and that I am happy with myself and my job at the end of the day. I was thinking and I thought about how Dr. Potter has a program where he works with hospitals that have patients with cancer. We try to help preserve ovaries or do egg harvesting, sperm freezing for future use after treatment. Then it dawned on me. My dream job. I want to be the person who knows the in and outs of each procedure. I want to know how soon we can do something once a patient is diagnosed with cancer. How much everything costs. What the procedures entail. Then I want to be the one to pitch us to hospitals, doctors, patients. I want to meet with the patients and explain the process, answer any questions they might have, heck I know about cancer and about fertility I have worked both fields and have first hand knowledge and experience in fertility treatments. I want to reach as many oncology patients and hospitals as possible. I think that would be my dream, my calling, my happy job. I know I would be educating, which I love doing, working with kids and adolescents or young adults with cancer which is a population I not only love but admire immensely, and also working in the fertility field, which without it we wouldn't have you two. I'm going to bring it up tomorrow to Dr. Potter and see what he says. Wish me luck:)
I love you both! Mommy has her first OB appointment on Friday. I am so excited. I have met the Dr. and he seems very knowledgeable, friendly, and approachable. We will see what he says about our vaginal birth plan. He might laugh, but I've heard twins can be born vaginally depending on size and position of babies. So work with Mommy please. I get to spy on you two tomorrow. I can't wait to see you both! Here are some of the most recent pictures I have of you two. You are both growing so quickly. I love watching you grow.
Today is your Uncle Ian's birthday. He is going to have so much fun with you. When Ian was little he was my little baby. We did everything together, naps, walks, pool time. It was so fun to grow up with him. We also had Matty and Ryan then too. Now we have Chris you are going to have so much fun!
I think you were mooning Wyatt
Wyatt you were covering your eyes and looks like you were giving it right back to your sister. You both had your cute feet showing and your buns in the air. Maybe you were doing air fives:)


No comments:
Post a Comment