Mother's day. What a hard hard day to live through after two miscarriages and then the loss of Grace and Wyatt five short days after they were born. Another day that is a bitter reminder of what we lost. Blah I am ready for sunnier years. I know having a baby one day will not replace the losses we have endured, but perhaps it will make the pain less severe. I'm not sure, but thats what survivors have told me. Today was hard on many levels. I am thankful for the amazing friends and family I have who made it a point of remembering me today. I received phone calls, text messages and 5 cards all from friends who remembered that although my babies live in heaven it doesn't make me any less of a mother on earth. I was hurt by the people I thought would call, text or send a card but didn't. I mean is it that hard? Many will use the excuse that they didn't want to remind me of Grace or Wyatt because they didn't want to hurt my feelings. News flash... I don't need you to remind me of my babies. I think of them every single second. With each breath that fills my lungs I think of them. All you would be reminding me of is that you remember my babies. How beautiful that would have been for me, their mom on mother's day.
No comments:
Post a Comment