Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hard time now

Im having such a hard time. I cannot stop crying. I cry going pee, I cry getting dressed, I cry standing. Im so mad at God, which makes me feel even worse. I want to yell at him, to not talk to him anymore. I am confused as to what he wants, I pray every single day, I talk to him multiple times a day. When we found out we were pregnant I prayed almost every hours for our baby. What happens to those prayers? Those breaths wasted? The thoughts pushed away? Why does God answer some but not others. Its so hard for me to believe or even want to have faith right now. My body hurts and I feel alone, abandoned. I cant help but feel this way. I don't want to feel this way, of course Id much rather wake up and be happy and say ok Lord its ok give me strength to get through this and the day, but I cant. Instead I am angry and numb. I just don't understand, I don't see any justice, I see so many other people who don't have god and they have so much, maybe they really have nothing but maybe I want nothing to have dreams come true.

I hate the thoughts in my head. I hate being mad at God, he was the only person who stood by my side my entire life. I don't want to ask God for strength because Im mad at him and he didn't listen to my earlier prayers. So many thoughts are going through my head. Im so so sad and upset. I never cry, yet I cant seem to stop  the steady flow of fluid from my eyes. My whole life the one thing I knew for sure was that I wanted to have kids, I made good choices and got educated found a job where I could support kids and now what? Now its all pointless. I don't understand his will, I don't know if I even want to. Its so hard to believe that his will is better than mine. That his will always trumph mine. The only decision we have in this world is suicide. Thats the only plan Im sure God doesn't make for anyone. Maybe that and faith, he cant force people to believe in him.

Im not ready to be fine, to mend that relationship, to tell God that he knows best, Im not ready. Being mad does nothing for me either. It will only make me more bitter and more walled off from the world and also God.

I hope this poem helps me. Im grasping at air right now, and need to find a hand to hold onto.. Lord be that hand. I am so hurt by you, but I need you, and Love you.


One night a man had a dream. He dreamed
he was walking along the beach with the LORD.

Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.
For each scene he noticed two sets of
footprints in the sand: one belonging
to him, and the other to the LORD.


When the last scene of his life flashed before him,
he looked back at the footprints in the sand.

He noticed that many times along the path of
his life there was only 
one set of footprints.


He also noticed that it happened at the very
lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him and he
questioned the LORD about it:

"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow
you, you'd walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during the most
troublesome times in my life,
there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why when
I needed you most you would leave me."


The LORD replied:

"My son, my precious child,
I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."

2 comments:

  1. Oh Andrea, I'm crying as I read your words. I'm so, so sorry you are hurting so much. I can totally relate to how your feeling-abandoned by the one who was supposed to love you most, angry that He doesn't seem to care anymore, hurt that you feel so alone. That's exactly how I felt after our second miscarriage. I was furious with God. And to be honest, pretty mad at other people too. There are no easy answers, and I'm not going to make your pain worse by trying to offer you a box answer. Life just really sucks sometimes. I'm really struggling with the whole "God's will" thing too. I might be wrong, but I really don't think God had anything to do with your miscarriages. He ADORES you. And I think he's crying right along with you. I don't know why he allowed our kids to die. I wish with everything in me that I could hold my babies. And I know you do too. God DID NOT cause your miscarriage. He's not up there zapping your uterus b/c it's not his time yet. That's not my God. That's not the Bible's God. My God loves both of us. And (I have to tell myself this over and over again) even though I can't always feel him with me, he is. Someday, we're not going to cry anymore. Someday, we'll get to hold those sweet babies of ours.

    One thing that really helped me was to just be completely honest. When I first started feeling mad at God and other people, I buried my emotions b/c I thought I wasn't supposed to feel them. After all, "Christians" don't feel mad at God, right? But the more I talked with my counselor (another thing that really helped me), the more I realized God is big enough to handle all of my emotions. Plus, he gave them to me-not so I can stuff them but so that I can feel them and work through them.

    I don't know what led you to my blog, but I hope hearing my story helped you somehow, if nothing else than by telling you that you are not alone. As a fellow sufferer and believer,I'm praying for you to feel God's love again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey,
    Thank you so much for your kind response, your support, your prayer, and also for your wisdom filled words. I think God actually let me to your blog. I was sitting at the computer thinking of ways to help myself reconnect with him after being so mad towards him. I did a yahoo search for ways to trust God after having miscarriages and the first thing yahoo brought was your post. I opened it up and read your words, they seemed to be very much like my own feelings. It was helpful to know that I was not alone, but also sad to know that others are hurting as well.

    Maybe reading your words was Gods way of reaching me. I feel like I am a pretty open person, I knew I was mad at God, and I told him both today and yesterday, I cried at him telling him that I couldn't understand his will, his reason, his lesson in this. I told him I was unsure what he was planning on teaching me from these two losses. I have experienced so many losses in my life and have so little trust in so much. I have a lot of hope, but I rarely let people let me down, simply because I don't allow many people to get close enough to let me down. God was the one constant, the one who I always counted on, the person I always talked to, I shared everything with, my fears, my dreams, my hopes and my reality. He knows my heart and my head, he hears the thoughts sometimes Im too afraid to say out loud, and he still loves me through all of it.

    I started this blog a few months ago when My husband I got pregnant first. It was a blog to our future children. I would write them letters telling them about us and our day and about our excitement to be pregnant. After the first miscarriage I didn't really blog much but then started picking it up again, and then we had our second miscarriage yesterday.

    Life is challenging and unjust sometimes, finding strength while we are weak is the hardest thing to do. Living when we just want to quit is also hard, but everywhere I look I see God and his work, I see his blessings and his beauty.

    I pray for you and your family. I pray that God blesses you and uses your words to help others. He has already used them to help me. I pray that God continues to strengthen the person you are and continues to shape you into the wonderful woman you are becoming.

    I know God is sad with us both, I know he loves us, we are his little girls and he wants the very best for us. I am working to put my faith in him, to put my anger aside and allow him to fill my heart with his love and his warmth.

    Thank you again for your blog, and your response.

    ReplyDelete