Friday, September 9, 2011

A lot of work

We have a lot of work to do. Not that we have been slacking, because we have not. We have been so busy. Daddy has been working a lot and we really miss him at home. I have been working too, and during my free time I have been battling insurance companies, secretaries and billing managers. Its been a long and hectic journey, and I'm praying it will all be worth it in the end. 


Today we met a new Dr. Right a way I got a different feeling from him and also his office staff. His secretary was amazingly kind, she always had a wonderful attitude on the phone and provided me with so much attention and care. She is the perfect front face to the office. We already like her. The Dr, was nice also, He really likes football, USC in particular. Men! Daddy had to work today again so I went alone to meet him. Daddy would have liked him though because he related a lot to football. There were a lot of tests he wanted me to have done. He said he didn't like treating patients like he was a detective solving a crime. He didn't want to guess and assume. He wanted to have all the facts before making a decision otherwise it could all end up being a waste of time if we were to miss something. There are about 15 things I need from lab tests, to a yucky glucose tolerance test, to chromosome testing, to ovarian and fallopian studies to sperm analysis, to..... yeah a lot! I could go on, but that would be extremely boring. Some of the tests are time specific so I have to do things on certain days of my cycle. Talk about a pain in the butt. The Dr. said he felt confident getting me pregnant and most importantly keeping me pregnant!!! Fingers double triple crossed. He said that he wanted me to stay with him until I am 12 weeks pregnant, then he will refer me to someone who can take care of me, I will be a high risk pregnancy. We already knew that though. Silly body. I am hoping the tests all look good. He said we will try the easiest methods of baby making first, unless my body tells him that we need to jump straight to IVF. We will see. 


I am working on my relationship with God more, I'm trying not to be as distant and mad at him. I'm trying to love him completely and trying not to need to understand him. I am doing my daily devotionals which I haven't done for a year now! That's such a long time. Harvey did them with me. He puts his head on a pillow while I read the bible to him. Hes so sweet. Melts my heart! Cutie pie. 


I'm also re-reading the book The Shack, the author is an amazing man who overcame so many challenges in life and was able to share his love of God with others. So cool. So admirable. 


Today I am trying to be thankful for all the gifts that surround me. I am thankful today to be alive, to have had the opportunity to meet a new Dr. To have insurance that will help me afford to get all of the needed tests done at a reasonable price. I am thankful for Matt who is a hard working, loving husband who is so kind and generous. I am blessed to be surrounded by so many wonderful and caring friends, namely Franny, Erika, Jenny, Jen, Vicki, and my love Harvey. Although he doesn't speak his presence is enough to fill my heart with joy and my face with a smile. He always wants to be around me and is always more than willing to take me on a walk. 


I truly am blessed. I pray that God uses me in life to do good for him. I am not praying for things that I want anymore rather I am praying that if God wants something and he feels like including me in that something I would be honored. I am working at being a better person, friend, daughter, wife, nurse and Harvey's mom. 



Paul Young said something in regards to his relationship with God and it really melted my heart and made me think. He said "God wants to heal us, not help us cope" What a wonderful realization. We need to be free to be healed completely. I love it!


I love you my sweet angel inside my floating ovaries. Please stay safe and when you decide its a good time to join our little family stick like crazy glue to my inside. 


Love you,
Mommy



No comments:

Post a Comment