Today we had a very filled day. We woke up and had breakfast. Daddy made egg sandwiches with tomatoes, mushrooms, and onion they were good! Then I had a snack of mangos, pineapple, cherries, an grapes!! Daddy had plans to take Harvey to the park and then to the pet store to get treats for him, but the park was closed due to construction:( so they still went to get treats, Harvey picked out his favorite frozen bones!! Then they visited Grammie and daddy drove by the location he will have his interview Wednesday. My mom went to Newport to get her hair cut colored and styled, so mommy had some free time. I read an article about women who become pregnant through infertility treatments I instantly related to the article it was like finally someone out there understood exactly how I felt how exciting yet terrifying it all is. It talked about how we are guarded and don't always elaborate on our new pregnancies. I remember being pregnant and not wanting to tell anyone for fear of losing you, I thought the more people we tell the more real the situation is and the more devastating I will be if we do miscarry. It sheds light on why we might have such high fears after having endured years of fertility treatments only to become a gold metalware at failing cycle after cycle, until we decide to go for the granddaddy of them all...ivf! Which we did. People will shun us for it thinking we were wrong having made you in a lab, using medical treatment not very many people support. The alternative being romantic nights with candles lit, sOft music in the background... Not so much with fertility treatments it's the nitty gritty, the most exciting it gets is the foreplay action of an alcohol swab being rubbed gently on my belly prior to injecting ovarian stimulatin medications. from here the article talks about how we never truly fit into a group again, we are no longer categorized with our infertile frieds still enduring endless treatments nor do we fit in with our pregnant friends who conceive naturally, normally, man an woman intimacy, not structured not timed perfectly just spur of the moment fun and excitement!! We are loners in our little dens that fear something horrible happening. It made
Me feel better after reason this article, I felt ungrateful for not boasting about our pregnancy, for being guarded, for protecting us and myself from hurt. The pain so fresh and apparent. Of course we wouldn't discus it with anyone, after years of tryin to conceive no one wants to hear us complain about how anxious or afraid we are, how badly my back aches, how terrible your morning sickness is, people assume shut up and be grateful your pregnant! I too took this exact approach thanking God everyday for any ill feelings I had, begging for the security that morning sickness brought, and not ever having any. It's funny how we analyze things and categorize ourselves.
Moving on... After reading this article I took a small cat nap with Harvey. Then Jen came over with Brooklyn. She and Harvey played while my mom cooked an amazing dinner. Daddy and his friend from childhood were here also. We all played blocks Jen winning the first round, then we ate filet, scallops, asparagus, and salad! It was So good and we all ate until we were stuffed. Jen and Brooklyn left around 9pm. I was telling daddy how it was national cheesecake day and that the cheesecake factory was selling their delicious cheesecakes for 50% off but only for fine in. Well Daddy and Tyler decided that they would try their luck at the resturant. They went armed with a picture of us on bed rest begging for cheesecake and guess what?! It worked!! They sold daddy four beautiful creamy slices of cheesecake! Daddy also brought me a shake home it was so yummy. The perfect close to our day! We then played one more round of blocks daddy winning having used all of his pieces which is a hard thing to do. He's the best player I've ever encountered at the game and it ruffles my feathers at huts how good he is all the while being quiet, calm and collected. Stink bomb!!! Haha we played catch phrase also which was fun an funy! It's interesting to see how well or horribly you can communicate with someone else! Lol then we called it a night and went to bed!!! Shower tomorrow;) night my sweet angels!!
daddy was able to get us cheesecake!!! woohoo


No comments:
Post a Comment