Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Stronger

Written on September 29th in Yosemite:




Happy Saturday my sweet angels,
Daddy and I are in Yosemite with your big brother Harvey. Daddy drove the whole way here, he's such a good driver and such a good sport. Harvey and I napped a majority of the trip and daddy didn't mind one bit. When we arrived almost all the camp sites were full, we were told there were three left that had a few spots. We were nervous but hopeful. The first campsite was 2 hours from the park entrance, so more driving!!! We continued on the road, and luckily I noticed that the first site didn't allow dogs, so we continued our trek down the road. We got to porcupine flat and were hopeful that there was a spot for us. Luckily there was!!! We are staying in campsite number 48! It's very roomy. Daddy started setting up camp right away, I hooked Harvey up to his leash and went to help daddy set the tent up! That was an adventure in itself! We got a tent for our wedding, we were so excited to use it. When I walked over to daddy he said this tent came broken:( ok well broken we can make it work or broken broken. We improvised we used a lot of duck tape and looked like goof balls! Our tent was the goofiest looking tent there. Poles sticking out here and there the top crooked, we looked at each other and laughed. At least we were Laughing. Next came the inside, there was a barbie inside the tent! We realized the tent was used and probably returned. We laughed again and put the barbie doll aside. Harvey decided to carry it in his mouth and swing her around by her hair. It made me laugh, that's what he would have done with your dolls Grace! It was funny watching him. He didn't chew her up, just carried her and whipped her hair around lol next came the blow up mattress daddy brought. We stopped for batteries at 3am after daddy realized he purchased D batteries and needed C. We got the pump ready and daddy laughed and looked at me, what is so funny?... I bought c batteries and... And what?! Didn't you look at the box to see what you needed? I looked at the box, C batteries... 6 of them. We had 4! Laughter again. With duck tape we were able to rig the pump to accept 4 batteries, we ran to the tent to try blowing the mattress up and realized there was no valve to insert the pump into, it was a plug in pump only:/ daddy looked at the dump valve and we decided that with the use of duck tape we could close it off, cut a hole in it and pump it up. It worked!!! Next came making the bed, my part. I got the blankets from the car and noticed that daddy only brought three. I asked him to bring 5 or more, because mommy is always cold. Daddy said it would be ok and we didn't need them. Well looks like momma was right! We froze!!! We snuggled so close, your poor brother Harvey was shivering, I pulled him into bed with us and covered him up. Poor baby. Daddy and I were freezing! I slept in 2 shirts, a fleece jacket and another zip up, and wore a hoodie. Also I wore long pants and socks, and covered my head. Daddy had a beanie and covered his head also. We were so cold. The blankets had frost on them from the chill and our pillows did too! It was crazy! We laughed though because I was right again. Daddy hates when I'm right. We slept though the night, it was hard since we were so cold. When we woke up we cooked breakfast. I made eggs with sausage, onions and cheese, daddy made english muffins and I cut up some yummy apple. We ate, I did the dishes and then we packed our bags and headed out for our hike. We were going to hike until we got tired, we hiked towards north dome. It was a beautiful hike. Big trees everywhere you looked. Hiking there wasn't too bad. We didn't pack enough water so we really had to conserve. When we got to the top we sat and took the view in. It was beautiful! So breath taking and a bit scary At the same time. Harvey did so well! We hiked 10 miles, that's the furthest he's ever gone. On the way out it was all up hill. I was absolutely exhausted. I didn't think I could make it. My whole body ached. After being on bed rest for 2 months my muscles were so weakened, also I just had major abdominal surgery 2 weeks ago! It was a lot for my first time out. I thought of you two and how strong you were, how you fought so long, and how wonderful you were. I told myself if you can fight for 5 days I can fight to get out of this hike. I wanted to cry a few times, we were thirsty and I was beyond tired. Daddy kept encouraging me and telling me I was doing so well. We ended up hiking out in the dark. It was a long hike. The moon was full though and helped guide us on the trail to our car. We were so happy to be at our car. Harvey got in and went right to sleep, then daddy and I did. We drove to toluene to get gas and some food, but there store was closed:( we came back to our site and daddy made a fire, I was freezing. Then we cooked dinner, daddy and Harvey had steak, bananas, and hot Cheetos and I had noodles. No meat for me. I tried to drink more I only went pee twice today which if you know me is completely rare. I wonder if pregnancy helped my endometriosis or if I'm just not being good at staying hydrated. After dinner we climbed into our ice burg tent and are snuggled in. Harvey is already in bed covered up. So cute!! We love you both so very much. Thank you for teaching us to see the beauty in life and to be thankful for what we have. We wish we had more time with you. We know you have a purpose, we know we carried you for a reason, we just need to stay positive And trust. We love you our sweet Grace and Wyatt. 

 Daddy on the top of north dome:)
Momma on the top thats half dome behind me. We brought your scent dolls with us so you were there too! We love you


No comments:

Post a Comment