Friday, September 7, 2012

Day 48 25 weeks!!!

Happy 25 weeks my sweet babies!!

We made a milestone I honestly didn't think we would get to see. I am beyond excited and thankful for the gift of having you both safe and growing in my belly still. You are true miracle babies, you have been since before you were conceived. Daddy and I knew we wanted to have you so badly! We worked with reproductive specialists for about a year and a half working  at getting pregnant. We both went through millions of tests to diagnose why we could get or stay pregnant. It was emotionally, financially, and physically draining and devastating. We knew I had endometriosis, I've had it since I was 18. The drs told us ivf was our one hope but we wanted to of course try less drastic ways first. Month after excruciating month, dollar after dollar,  we got negative test results. This year we decided to bite the bullet, pay whatever it cost and make our  dreams of starting a family and being your parents a reality. I was afraid at how much ivf costs but daddy said simply, "you can't put a price on family" he's right we would have paid and paid to work at getting pregnant with you. Thank God we only had to do one round because it's intense to say the very least! We were so very blessed!! When we found out we were pregnant we were over the moon, but under a cloud. We didn't want to get too excited just in case we lost you. I feel a bit sad that most of this pregnancy and pregnancy journey has been occupied with fearful feelings. I'm still full of anxiety and fear. I'm really working at staying positive and trying to focus on the good outcomes. Not to allow negative thoughts to enter my mind. Now im not saying I never get them, But more often than not I can refocus and think of something good. I want you to know we are excited and so hopeful! I don't want you to think I would ever give up on you. I never will, even when you grow and do things I might not like I will always love you! You will forever be our gifts!! Don't take advantage of my over excitement to have you ok? We are going to love you a lot, but disapline you too when needed. 

Today was nice I woke up to patty excitedly entering my room with a crowd of nurse shouting happy 25!!! They made us a cute sign;) so sweet everyone is so excited! Daddy and I treated the nurses to jamba juice as a way of saying thank you for all they do!! They were very appreciative and excited. Emily stopped by for a short visit and brought us two big balloons. One was a 2 and the other a donor 25!! Its so cute the lady downstairs said oh are those for andrea? They all know us here even the front desk people;) we will need to meet and thank them all one day for keeping us in their thiughts and being so sweet to our visitors!! Emily and i wrote 25 things i am thankful for on the balloons we will add a new thing to the list each week! There were so many great things to be thankful for ranging from health insurace to food to prayers, visitors, daddy, financial assistance, to the dreaded mag sulfate!! Haha even though i hated it and it made me so sick, im thankful it gave me more time with you!! 

I also got to go downstairs for about 20 minutes to see Harvey again!! It was fun. He sat beside me and daddy and just looked so happy. At one point I was telling him about our room, how I wish he could stay with us. How we have two beds, food, a window and a shower he could learn to pee in! Haha he got excited and stood up and pushed into me! Lol I'm pretty sure he liked that idea;) when it was time for me to return Jen our nurse came to fetch me. Harvey pulled to walk with us all the way to the entrance, then he lunged forward to get in. The security guard laughed. Poor baby tried so hard to be sneaky. We rolled away and when I looked back he was standing at the door with daddy looking at us leave. It was so sad. It's hard saying  goodbye. It will be just like when I watch you leave on play dates! Ugh so hard. I'm excited about all the fun things you are going to do in your lives!! So excited to love you and nurture you! I love you both so much;) today has been a great day! We together with all our hard work, faith, and support have made another week pass by!! Woohoo!! We're pretty amazing;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment