Hi my sweet hearts! Today is papa Steve's birthday! I can't tell you how old he is because it's not polite. Haha he's not too old;) Today daddy got up so early, at 4am! He got ready for work, kissed us goodbye and left. He will be back tomorrow!! Yay!! We love it when he's home. I feel
So bad about causing him stress and anxiety. I've been praying not only for you and other women in our situation, but also for daddy to find strength, hope and peace during this emotional time. Daddy has been very brave showing his emotions and I love and respect him so much for that. He's much stronger than I am. I do cry, but usually it's in private. When its done in public it's ugly, tears shedding, air being gasped and gulped in, shaking, ugly!!! By myself or with daddy it's a calmer cry, a cry of pain and sadness, tears of hope and gratitude for all the blessings and miracles we have been blessed with. We are so blessed, and although this journey has been less than easy we are grateful for the strength, courage and humbleness it's brought out in us. It's emotional and raw but has allowed daddy and I to truly communicate and nurture eachother. I feel totally humbled and broken, like this is what I needed to have happen in order to realize that I ANDREA cannot control everything, that I need help, that I indeed have family and friends who would drop everything to pray, visit or bring food. I used to be very stubborn. I used to believe I didn't need help, I love helping others, still do where I can which from the couch consists of prayers and thank you cards, but it counts!! Haha growing up with my mom made life very different for me. I viewed needing help as a personal failure an attack on me that I wasn't good enough to do things on my own, that I was weak. This was the philosophy I lived by, take care of yourself because you can't count on anyone to take care of you! It's funny now realizing that's how I was living. How awful. This bed rest has allowed me to open my doors and heart to the generosity and kindness of friends and family. I've met women on blogs that are so caring and full of Grace that they too pray with me, and offer support and encouragement. I hope through this I can continue to be grateful for the goodness in people, the love and generosity they willingly give. I pray I can radiate that through my love for you, I pray it shows in my daily life and my actions and I pray I am able to pass that token onto you in life rather than the fend for yourself one i had. It's actually nice to have people bring me meals, other people can cook well too! It's a blessing to have someone do my dishes or laundry, I'm amazed that they are clean and stacked similar to how I would have done it. People like to sit and share stories, we all get consumed in our daily lives and we go along busily saying we will make time for loved ones but time passes us. I can't tell you how much time friends and family have devoted to me and us in these three weeks. Whether its dropping a meal by and chatting for a few minutes, cleaning, helping me get to dr appointments
to emails, texts, calls, or letters of encouragement... All of this takes time and I'm blessed to have time spent on me.
I love you both and am so thankful for you! Today is a full day. Emily and Jenny are coming soon for breakfast. Oliva will be here with lunch;) yummy and auntie Franny will be here to share the night with me. We are beyond loved!! I'm thankful for you and the chance to know you both, for the gift of getting to be your mommy, for the ability to love you and have become a better person because of you!
So bad about causing him stress and anxiety. I've been praying not only for you and other women in our situation, but also for daddy to find strength, hope and peace during this emotional time. Daddy has been very brave showing his emotions and I love and respect him so much for that. He's much stronger than I am. I do cry, but usually it's in private. When its done in public it's ugly, tears shedding, air being gasped and gulped in, shaking, ugly!!! By myself or with daddy it's a calmer cry, a cry of pain and sadness, tears of hope and gratitude for all the blessings and miracles we have been blessed with. We are so blessed, and although this journey has been less than easy we are grateful for the strength, courage and humbleness it's brought out in us. It's emotional and raw but has allowed daddy and I to truly communicate and nurture eachother. I feel totally humbled and broken, like this is what I needed to have happen in order to realize that I ANDREA cannot control everything, that I need help, that I indeed have family and friends who would drop everything to pray, visit or bring food. I used to be very stubborn. I used to believe I didn't need help, I love helping others, still do where I can which from the couch consists of prayers and thank you cards, but it counts!! Haha growing up with my mom made life very different for me. I viewed needing help as a personal failure an attack on me that I wasn't good enough to do things on my own, that I was weak. This was the philosophy I lived by, take care of yourself because you can't count on anyone to take care of you! It's funny now realizing that's how I was living. How awful. This bed rest has allowed me to open my doors and heart to the generosity and kindness of friends and family. I've met women on blogs that are so caring and full of Grace that they too pray with me, and offer support and encouragement. I hope through this I can continue to be grateful for the goodness in people, the love and generosity they willingly give. I pray I can radiate that through my love for you, I pray it shows in my daily life and my actions and I pray I am able to pass that token onto you in life rather than the fend for yourself one i had. It's actually nice to have people bring me meals, other people can cook well too! It's a blessing to have someone do my dishes or laundry, I'm amazed that they are clean and stacked similar to how I would have done it. People like to sit and share stories, we all get consumed in our daily lives and we go along busily saying we will make time for loved ones but time passes us. I can't tell you how much time friends and family have devoted to me and us in these three weeks. Whether its dropping a meal by and chatting for a few minutes, cleaning, helping me get to dr appointments
to emails, texts, calls, or letters of encouragement... All of this takes time and I'm blessed to have time spent on me.
I love you both and am so thankful for you! Today is a full day. Emily and Jenny are coming soon for breakfast. Oliva will be here with lunch;) yummy and auntie Franny will be here to share the night with me. We are beyond loved!! I'm thankful for you and the chance to know you both, for the gift of getting to be your mommy, for the ability to love you and have become a better person because of you!
No comments:
Post a Comment