Friday, August 10, 2012

Day 20 21 weeks finally!!!!

Hi love bugs,
Today was a very relaxing day. Daddy and I slept in again! I didn't sleep well at all, tossed and turned most of the night, then almost choked on my carafate pill at 4am, it's such a monster sized pill. I seriously thought it might end up in my nose! Haha when I finally went back to bed I rested for a bit, but it's been very warm here and I always have a rough time sleeping in the heat. 

Your uncle kasey came over today with sandwiches for lunch. It was really nice seeing him and getting to share stories and time with him. Daddy's going to try surfing with him next week. It will be good for daddy to get out with his good friend, get vitamin D, and surf. Daddy loves to surf, but has been so consumed with life, school, and taking care of mommy he's neglected that hobby. We need to toss him back into it;) after lunch daddy went to the hospital to pick up some things we forgot there. Then he went to Ralph's for some redbox movies and treats for me. We picked up some protein shakes and some ice cream! I wanted to add two shakes to our daily diet to help you grow strong and big. 

While daddy was at Ralph's I was getting lots of contractions and cramping pains, but only in my belly. It's so scary and hard to know if they are contraction pains or upset tummy from food, heat, water etc. so I drank a huge glass of water and turned onto my left side. It helped a bit. Daddy and I were dreading calling the doctors office because we knew he would make us come back. I drank three more big glasses and rested, we are still having contractions, but not that frequently. Blah, hopefully they will resolve. 

Daddy has been a worker bee today. Daddy did lots of laundry, vacuumed, dusted, and did the dishes!! Then he studied and just now came down to make me dinner. He is the best daddy ever! He also took Harvey outside many times to go potty and played some catch and release with him. 

Today was fun also because my friend Lori in Indiana received the flowers we sent her! I love helping brighten friends days up, and I think they did just that. Daddy and I were talking about all the friends I've made on bed rest. Tammy in Texas and Lori in Indiana, and another friend tam in Australia. We have grown very close to them and were talking about how cool it would be to meet them once our kids arrive!!! Life is funny loves, you never know who will be your friend, when in life you will meet or for how long they will be your friend. A quote I always loved was people come into your life for a reason a season or a lifetime. It's very true. Friends come and go, and it's sad and hard at times, but the lessons, love and memories are there forever. I pray you meet wonderful people in your lives, some you will touch and others will touch and help to shape you into the people you will become. 

Daddy and I love you so much! I better eat now. My friend melissa and her mom are on their way over to visit us. I love you sweet hearts! Grow well in my tummy!!! 

Oh ya, we're 21 weeks today!!! When we were initially placed on bed rest at 17 weeks, this seemed so far and unattainable, but we have fought and will continue to fight to keep you in my belly as long as possible. Love you bugs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment